Free WifiPosted: Monday September 19, 2016
Does your business offer free Wi-Fi access for patrons? Southern Computer Co can assist in setting up a safe, secure and family-friendly network for your guests to enjoy.
Providing open access to the internet, even if free of charge, can create a range of regulatory and legal issues. Under the Telecommunications Act, you may be considered a Carriage Service Provider with a range of obligations to meet. Legal issues which may arise from end-user abuse on your network can include:
- Downloading and sharing of copyright material
- Downloading and sharing of prohibited media content, such as terrorist-related materials
- Handling of private information and end-user data generated on your networking equipment
A range of technical and security issues also need to be addressed when deploying public Wi-Fi, such as:
- Securing your internal business network and corporate data
- Effective wireless network architecture
- Sharing bandwidth between guests and productive staff
- Managing data bandwidth costs
Don’t leave these important legal, privacy and security issues in the hands of your guests. Have a professional system installed by Southern Computer Co.